Friday 13 July 2018

TRUMP VISIT: DAY FIVE. JULY 13 - THE DAY OF RECKONING.

Dear lord, I am exhausted by this.

I am also elated. Elated, at the sight of all my fellow supporters of rights for women, LGBTQI+ rights, disability rights, and you know, just rights of normal people who don't deserve to have their children snatched from them when they are seeking asylum.

I don't wish to focus on what the orange faced buffoon did today. It's unimportant now. What is important is that we have a voice, and we weren't listened to by our Government. Key issue: one T. May.

Do not hold his hand because he's "scared of stairs". He's bloody not. He uses that tactic to subjugate you.

And you fell for it. Nicey nicey. Do you really think that he's going to give two shits in a Handmaid's angel wings if we end up in a war the US aren't involved in? Wake up, sister. You had the chance to pull a Hugh Grant today, and you let the sisterhood down.

Now let me tell you who FUCKING DIDN'T.

copyright Michelle Brook

copyright Michelle Brook


copyright Caroline Lee



You know what? I am so FUCKING PROUD of everything you have all done today. When you feel like all is lost - when that stupid Sun "exclusive"  shows up and demeans the UK and her PM, and she PANDERS to him, it's women like all the wonderful marchers today that make me feel a little bit  of hope is left in the world.

Look, I could be totally wrong. But there have been zero news reports of any disruption, violence or general march scariness. I couldn't go, as, well, I can't stand up. And I was heartbroken. But I wore my "Make Donald Drumpf Again" hat all day and spent some time yelling at people who didn't even know what was going on. I shouldn't yell. But apparently you have to, sometimes, to just be heard.

I am not a man-hater. By ANY MEANS.  I just choose to associate with any species of being that allow me to be myself, and whom do not put me down for being different, on any number of levels. This isn't a male vs female debate. It's a dictatorship over democracy debate. But I feel like I've been let down by the head of our country by what I feel was brushing over the subject completely because she - let's face it - looks like she's intimidated by him.

These women above? And me? We're not. Come meet me, Donny. Have a light chat. Make fun of my disability to my face. Then we will see who is wearing the pants in this relationship.

Also. Mate. Gotta give you a heads up, yeah? The total number of people who turned up to protest about you today was WAY more than your inauguration "crowd". Hashtag #soznotsoz.

(Ed: number is now called at 250,000 people. Also, I am the Ed.)

Please now just leave me in peace and allow me to regain some sanity. Although I suspect that will be a long time coming.

In closing, I would like to thank some key women in my life for representin' on my behalf today. Sophie, Michelle and Caroline - never let the fuckers get you down. 

Love to all. Signing off.








No comments:

Post a Comment